Router Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank y'all for the add. I'm just an old retired/tired/disabled man that's needs something to do. I've been dabbling with woodwork for many many years and her last Christmas my wife got me into making signs. I started out going to try my hand at pyrography but couldn't get the desired look that I wanted. I actually stumbled across freehand routing and gave that a try. Now, I'm in love. If money permits I plan on going all out with it.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kudzu. We have quite a few signmakers. We also have a pyrography sub forum that you can check out. Maybe you'll get some tips to improve that to the point where you like the results.

Reactions: BobbyLee

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey, Kudzu; welcome!

For some strange reason your location isn't showing up on my comment page although it's clearly there on your Bio page.
Thanks for doing the bio by the way; just makes for a friendlier community. :)

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
Welcome aboard. Sign making is really great and there are some real experts around here. You can search for making signs here and read lots of very interesting and helpful entries. Or just ask away as time comes up. The favored hand router for signs around here seems to be the DeWalt 611PK (Package of both fixed and plunge base), here " http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DWP611...TF8&qid=1458316841&sr=8-2&keywords=dewalt+611. Light weight, low center of gravity, good accessories. Most I've seen here get the wide base with handles at both ends so you have really good control.

At any rate, being disabled, this is a really great activity, and it doesn't take a whole lot of wood. You might check into local cabinet shops for free cutoffs. You'll also want to notice the posts on painting and finishing signs. Be sure you take and post pictures of your work. We all love to see them, and as you get better and better at making signs, its fun to watch your progress.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
kudzu

If you're old, retired and tired and love woodworking you've come to the right place. There are many friendly, knowledgeable folks here so, jump in, ask as many questions as you want and make yourself comfortable. It's a nice place to be.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
kudzu

If you're old, retired and tired and love woodworking you've come to the right place. There are many friendly, knowledgeable folks here so, jump in, ask as many questions as you want and make yourself comfortable. It's a nice place to be.
agree wholeheartedly...

Reactions: BobbyLee and JFPNCM

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kuduz. Lots of good folks here and from time to time even some humor.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
kudzu

I'm one that fits that description, I've done the asking much more than the answering, however it's a great place to visit daily without fear of a political discussion, just a family, young and old.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
count me in...

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,358 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Jerry Welcome aboard. Glad I could point you here. I told you. you'll find a great group of people and plenty of information. Have fun and enjoy. Your Friend; BobbyLee...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kudzu.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts