Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it is time to make and give a present to my fellow woodworkers in our woodworking club. This year I made each a beam compass for when they have to mark a circle larger than a regular scissor compass will extend. Might not use it often, but when they need one they will have one hanging on the wall. And when the grand kid comes over and sees it and asks Grandpa "What is that thing, Grandpa".

The first picture is the mock-up and the rest the build.
Herb

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Sweet!!!!

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,237 Posts
You are a generous man, Herb, and do great production work. I always enjoy seeing how you set up to do repetitive tasks.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Great and generous gift for the fellow wood worker. I'm sure they will be well received.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well done and a great gift.

Now that you've got the production run down ever thought about selling one or two? Probably not a good idea as that would turn a great gift into a job and who wants to work.

I guess I am a production minded person, I don't like to make just one, and if I go to the trouble to make a set-up then only make one, to me it is a waste. Besides it is fun to punch out a bunch when I have it set up. Don't want a job though.

John, these are made out of Western Maple.

The brass strips are from EBay, as are the brass thumb screws,and the brass finish brads are from Rockler.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.
Herb

Herb

·
Registered
37 Posts
What's the name of your Etsy shop :) Kidding aside...very generous and beautiful work.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.