Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
to be alive, let alone married. Had a request last week end at the local Art Fair for an anniversary book with the words changed a little bit. But the party was coming pretty quick. Of course I can!! I'm a sucker for these types of things. But it was prepaid. lol This was taken as the last coat of poly was drying ....... then off to the Pony Express. Cut from a butcher block countertop, left natural and 3 heavy coats of poly.

I wasn't quite 4 years old on that date.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
to be alive, let alone married. Had a request last week end at the local Art Fair for an anniversary book with the words changed a little bit. But the party was coming pretty quick. Of course I can!! I'm a sucker for these types of things. But it was prepaid. lol This was taken as the last coat of poly was drying ....... then off to the Pony Express. Cut from a butcher block countertop, left natural and 3 heavy coats of poly.

Very nice job John. I may place an order myself.
I was 10 at the time. I can still remember my parents coming home that new years eve with hats and blowy things for a party they attended.
They always brought all that stuff home to us 5 kids.

David

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,252 Posts
Another well done project, John, and a wonderful milestone marker. Like David, I was only 10 when they got married. Somewhat mind-boggling. Our anniversary tomorrow is on 43 years, so we have some serious catching up to do. I don't think we'll make it. :grin:

Reactions: honesttjohn

·
Premium Member
288 Posts

Six days before my 4th birthday

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it will be 55 years for my wife and me this year, sure doesn't seem like that long somehow.
That means they must have been pretty good years.

·
Registered
22,207 Posts
I was 10 in '53. Boy Scouts and Mr. Plato was my teacher. Yes, that was his name. Big guy, dead shot with a piece of chalk if you weren't paying attention. Lived in an old farmhouse with 2 of my four brothers. Saturday matinees at the Avenue and Meralta theaters down town (4 blocks away), no AC, long, hot Los Angeles summers. Laying out on the cool grass, walk down a long block and there was an orange orchard for sweet treats. Dad was a gardener and we had fruit trees that transformed into 200 jars of preserves and jams every summer, and was gone by next summer. Great days they were. Was amazed to think my dad today would be 120 years old, my mom would be 113. Time keeps sliding by.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.