Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll put this thread here (for reference to my previous post) then continue posting on other headings as needed.

Solved my own problem - I did an end run around the whole thing! Other threads elsewhere kept alluding to "dust in the switch" as a possible resolution to this problem and this has been floating around in the back of my psyche for some time; weeeell, I did that (I thought thoroughly enough) but such was not the case.

'Just one last time, I'll check out my Craftsman." This time, I actually pulled all the connectors one at a time and cleaned each thoroughly, including scrubbing the contacts with 600 grit paper. During this process, I discovered that one of the spade connectors had actually broken inside the opaque contact cover! Stripped that one off, replaced it with another including soldering on a lead extension and, VOILA' it works!

Now, I can take the new Bosch I just bought back for a refund and am no longer out that $230 I just spent.

Lessons learned? Well, I think you can probably find at least two to associated with this incident, not including the one I re-discovered (which happens at least once a year): There is no permanent cure for "terminal stupid" when you're in a hurry!!::fie:

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Glad you were able to resolve the issue, Jack.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts