Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This isn't mine, but I saw it on instructables today and definitely like the idea! I especially like the saw features that he show around the 3:30 mark.

Simple, effective, and you can put it out of the way. I think it also is a good way to protect my Table Saw top when I am using it as a clamping or assembly table.

Where was the internet all those years ago when I started woodworking?

Here's how me makes it :
Better than a workbench - The Clamping Box

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
Not a bad idea as I can see where it has its perks . I like how you can clamp material from underneith .
I'm really running out of room here so you guys have to quit giving me ideas lol

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I think it's a good idea and I am going to make one.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I could sure use the extra working space.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Doug, Thanks for sharing that! I can see it is very scalable - so it could easily be used on all kinds of sizes from quite tiny to forklift large..
I really liked how he drops narrow strips of wood into the slots when he's going to make rip cuts. Looks quite handy - even in a shop with plenty of room!

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
My machine shop accepts forklifts, as does my concrete form shop. My woodshop (here in my home basement) does not, but I honestly see merit for all sizes.
Often (especially prior to tutoring math) I make abaci, sorobans or iotas and clamps are very key on that small tedious stuff to ensure squareness.

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia

·
Registered
63 Posts
Downloaded to my workshop jig folder.

Part of my internal conflict about a dedicated workbench is that even though my melamine-screwed-to-a-steel-sawhorse work table is primitive, it makes for a nice cleanable surface for everything from cutting mats for photos to waxing skis, as well as making a mess sharpening tools with waterstones, but I'm very limited on how well I can clamp boards and panels. This 'jig' would give me a ton of flexibility--and several ideas for other movable fixtures. I might even lighten it up a bit so I could still move it on days when my wrists or shoulders are feeling tweaky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts