Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this is the right place to post this. Found it on Pinterest, looking for something not even vaguely resembling this. Actually the photo should be ample, but I'll post the whole article anyway.
https://www.popularwoodworking.com/...hes/the-easiest-way-to-make-your-bench-mobile
Of course, it would be suitable for various tools stand, etc. I'd never ran across this idea before, on the other hand, have never required wheels on my stands, etc. Simple, low cost, works. Neat.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Clever way of doing that! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clever way of doing that! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia
Well gee, Otis, someone has to keep you kids updated, and I drew the short straw. >:)

·
Registered
901 Posts
So, in order to get my bench up on the wheels, I'd have to lift each end while balancing on one foot. Looks like it was designed for people with fewer candles on the cake.

Reactions: ggom and Gaffboat

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,228 Posts
So, in order to get my bench up on the wheels, I'd have to lift each end while balancing on one foot. Looks like it was designed for people with fewer candles on the cake.
I'm with Andy, this looks like a solution for a lightweight bench with no drawers or shelves full of stuff.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Depends on if you use your imagination or not. Me, I'd rig something like this. Lift, pretty much no matter how heavy it is, and you could rig a cable or lever system to swing the wheel bar up into place.

Attachments

·
Registered
901 Posts
Depends on if you use your imagination or not. Me, I'd rig something like this. Lift, pretty much no matter how heavy it is, and you could rig a cable or lever system to swing the wheel bar up into place.
Yes, but can she COOK??

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
159 Posts
Interseting

the blonde one , not bad.

I' d like be to able to move my combination table saw, planer- jointer on wheels.

But I will not lift the weight myself !

Has to be a clever lever system.

Then the blond one could use it.

Gérard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.