Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
It would be really something if he could put that all in an old mill and have it all be water-powered! Very interesting as it is though. It's amazing how beauty was a concern way back then but doesn't seem to be anymore.

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
That was a JIG saw ,Doug, he even said so.:smile::smile:
Herb

He also said Scroll saw. Isn't this the motor?
When I was growing up it would have been called a jig saw. Now it's called a scroll saw. And the hand held saws were scroll saws, now they're jig saws - except I call them sabre saws, which they were also called at one time. Life is ever changing.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Thanks, Theo. We had an old pretty advanced blacksmith shop nearby when I was growing up that had line driven machines in it. I can still hear the sounds and smell the workings. Really enjoyed that. There is a young Amish fellow a couple of hours from us that has a line driven cabinet shop that I need to go visit.

Reactions: JFPNCM

·
Registered
Paul
2,097 Posts
What powers all of this?
I saw an old machine shop like this, years ago. It had one electric motor just outside the shop in its own little room. Originally it was a steam engine, David.

It had a different layout though. There was a main shaft running above the aisle in a long room. Each station, left or right of the aisle, would have belts running off of that. The shaft went through the wall at one end to the engine room. Surprising quiet with the engine in its own shack, outside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.