Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Son did some work for the owners of The Joint BBQ in town and they asked if he could make a metal lighted sign like their J on the menu board and he said "sure!"
So here we go.......
Ya just never know what's gonna be next. 馃檪

Attachments

Registered
Neat!!

Registered
Mike
So I guess it is up to them to get an electrical box run to the location they want it mounted.

Neat project.

Premium Member
Rick
That might be the case if they would've had anyone else make this but we used led lights that run on 3 AA batteries. They can hang it anywhere or walk around with it lit up. 馃檪
That鈥檚 neat, as I didn鈥檛 think those were led . Works really well for the sign

Registered
Mike
That might be the case if they would've had anyone else make this but we used led lights that run on 3 AA batteries. They can hang it anywhere or walk around with it lit up. 馃檪
You could also add a jack for a small transformer for when they do have access to a power plug. That way they wouldn't have to run it on batteries all the time.

Premium Member
If you use a transformer, it has to have a full rectivied output or the lights will flicker rapidly. The great thing about LED is that they don't heat up, so you can mount them in wood. I did a project some time ago with LEDs on batteries, so I found a battery holder for D cells, and wired them in series to give the proper DC voltage. Using rechargable batteries means you can run them for a long time, recharge quickly, and run again. A little microswitch somewhere inconspicuous lets them turn it off. Great little inside sign.

I'm thinking I saw some Christmas lights that had nice fat round globes about 1 inch across. I also know you can get "running" lights that seem to move in a line. That would be pretty cool too. We used to have a set of Christmas lights on a balcony overlooking the hillside below, they would change to eight different patterns. using a small controller. Drill 1/4 inch holes in a pattern and you have a pretty spectacular display. Just musing, as usual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.