Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time to PA. Two families are "merging" and wanted somethng special for the occasion. Time to contact the Polish Eagle king. These are both cut from the same 24 x 48 panel and finished measure just under 24" across. House stain with 4 coats of brushed on poly. Betcha they stand out at the party and have a good life after.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
John, don't take this wrong, they look great. But when I saw that picture, the first thing that popped into my mind was, those would make fantastic poker chips.

Reactions: honesttjohn

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awful big chips. Might be able to do something like that with a laser (which I have sitting in the garage waiting to be unpacked)>

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
I'm thinking about 2" by 1/4" would work as poker chips. Should be large enough to not lose heaps of detail, and small enough to work out as chips.

Not a clue how you you would make some, but got my own idea on how to make some - should already have done all the research I will need (for an entirely different project), and now, supposedly, just need to buy a thing or two, then do a bit of 'speermintin'.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Hmm, maybe sink them down a bit, pour in bar top epoxy, and they could be used as serving trays, if someone wanted a personalized serving tray - hang it on the wall as decoration when not being used as a tray.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey John:

What type of wood is that?

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm, maybe sink them down a bit, pour in bar top epoxy, and they could be used as serving trays, if someone wanted a personalized serving tray - hang it on the wall as decoration when not being used as a tray.
All kinds of stuff can be done. But it also comes down to cost and how much people are willing to pay.

·
Registered
121 Posts
All kinds of stuff can be done. But it also comes down to cost and how much people are willing to pay.
I understand, I just thought the grain was interesting.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Very true, but I am always amazed at how much some people are willing to spend on some things. In your position, I would make one, price it high, and see if it sells.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I like the vertical grain in the panels you used, it really stands out.

As always I'm sure they will be very happy with their Eagles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts