Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Compared to many of you guys shops, this is a rather compact space to work in.
I built the shed myself having never done it before
Has actually plenty of room so long as I dont have 2 ton of french oak sitting in 1 side.
Would dearly love to have the space I have seen in many of your uploads. Very jealous.
But hey thats what I have to work with.
Though not huge is very functional and I manage so long as I am disciplined about clean and clear policy and not doing too many projects at one time.
thanks for looking

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Compared to many of you guys shops, this is a rather compact space to work in.
I built the shed myself having never done it before
Has actually plenty of room so long as I dont have 2 ton of french oak sitting in 1 side.
Would dearly love to have the space I have seen in many of your uploads. Very jealous.
But hey thats what I have to work with.
Though not huge is very functional and I manage so long as I am disciplined about clean and clear policy and not doing too many projects at one time.
thanks for looking
Do you drink while working in your shop?
Take care,
Peter.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Nice shop Paul. Don't worry too much about the size... the more room you have, the more you (me, at least) fill it up with stuff you won't ever use!! :)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Glad to see you are making it work for you Paul.............I'm sure that some of us are envious of all of that what looks to be oak stacked in your shop... I know that I am.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Paul you have more tools per square inch of any shop I've ever seen. As long as it works for you, great shop.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

For the record, NO I DO NOT drink whilst working, what made you think that I did. After hours taking some photos. I also like to spend sone time in there when not operating power tools, listen to music etc, did you notice the rather large studio monitors???? Nice of you to comment on shop though eh???
Cheers for the other more positive posts. I dont have the option of more space, this is what I have to work with so I have to make the best of it. Have to be rather disciplined and cannot do too many things at once but I love it. Sound system is unbelievable.
thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Paul, Everyone in this forum probably wishes for more space, but truth be known you have much more than many others. When you see a nice completed project, nobody is going to have any comments about the size of the shop where it was made - their comments will be about the quality of what comes out of your shop. It looks very well organized to me. My shop rule is simple: A place for everything & everything in its place.
Often it takes me hours to reorganize things after a lengthy project, but that way I know right where to go to get the needed tool, etc. when the next project is on. OPG3

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi

I like it, now that's a real man cave :) it's makes me recall my grandfathers shop, one man shop and that's all...I recall standing on the work bench using one of his OLD hand scroll saws..cutting out a air plane from some 1/4" thick plywood.. LOL and the smell of all the great woods in the shop ... it was my job to pickup all the cut offs and put them in the 55 gal.drum fire place .. boy I could get that thing to turn cherry red, I just recall him saying Bobby did you see that block of Oak wood about 3" long by 4" , I said yes it's in the fire box... :( "he said ,O well...I will make one more," great guy... :)

====

===

For the record, NO I DO NOT drink whilst working, what made you think that I did. After hours taking some photos. I also like to spend sone time in there when not operating power tools, listen to music etc, did you notice the rather large studio monitors???? Nice of you to comment on shop though eh???
Cheers for the other more positive posts. I dont have the option of more space, this is what I have to work with so I have to make the best of it. Have to be rather disciplined and cannot do too many things at once but I love it. Sound system is unbelievable.
thanks

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi

Looks like a over size "J" roller used for the same type of jobs LOL LOL..

====

Paul, what is the barbell with the wheels? That is hanging in you shop?
I'm curious what tool that is used for?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys

Hi everyone,
thanks for the comments. Yes I do have to be organised, it can get out of hand very quickly otherwise. But I love being in there thinking about problems with project or setting up for next cuts/processes. I love the whole process from imagination to collecting the bits together to creating something form my mind into actuality. It never ever goes exactly as you first imagine it will but along the way you learn and enjoy the time.
I am looking after my 2 year old son all day, so when wife comes home she takes over and I am out there.
The Oak I'm afraid is already spoken for, huge wall to wall bookcase and display cabinet with firesurround for a customer. I will have a fair bit over but I already have plans for that myself. I love the stuff. Can get it at rather good prices too here. At the end of that project I will have gone thru approx 2 ton.
The barbell with wheels is not a woodworking appliance, it is my base bar for my hang glider. See pic attatched
thanks again.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Paul, I thought that "the Barbell " was for a hang gilder but wasn't real sure. So I thought I would ask. You got to be some kind a free spirt to be able to fly like a bird.
I envy you for that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Paul, A man's shop no matter how large or small is his castle and place to relax and enjoy life. When I was first married 42 years ago and lived in a small apartment on the second floor I would work on my kitchen table ( only when wife was not home). For some reason man makes use of his enviroment and adapts to it especialy when wood working. You have about $ 20,000.00 worth of oak in your shop if you were here in Melbourne, Florida just kidding however; nice wood and good to hear from you zarpman Melbourne, Fl.

·
Banned
11 Posts
I like your shop. It reminds me of my grandfathers woodworking shop he had out of back. One of the coolest places there was. :dance3:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts