Router Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. The Daily Router Tip is still indicating error in reading. Suggest that it is removed.
2. One little thing that indicates that the WEB MASTER should get on the ball... The time is wrong, always 5 minutes fast.....
Little things yes. But indicates that the site is not managed.. Just left to run by it's self. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Perhaps you guys are unaware of the volumn of work Mark does to maintain this web site. When the new software deleted everything Mark had it back up and running in a very short time. Since then he is managing the site manually, to be sure it stays up and running. I know anytime I have noticed something out of the norm I put it in a private message to Mark and it is set right in a timely manner. I read the post about the problem with the daily router tip. A software conflict; and they are trying to come up with a solution. Having built and managed 2 small commercial networks, my hat is off to the guys for a job well done. And thanks again Mark for keeping things running smoothly.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aniceone2hold,
I too have run a site for 10 years, with information on four trapshooting clubs. I managed to keep it up to date with photograph's and video's. I learned early on that you must have an excellent server.
v bulletin is one of the best pieces of forum software that is available. However you do need a secure server that has all of the latest hacking software available.
The WEB MASTER had the router tip section running, before the forum went down for maintenance, all of the information was lost because of no back up, the time could easly be fixed by setting the clock to the correct time.
The "Geezer" feels that he can post constructive remarks on running this forum, because I had a banner running on this site for three months. You don't see it anymore! It was paided link to PSSATRAP.ORG.......
Why don't you become a forum monitor?

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Trap: In response to your concern, the daily tip rotator is down because we are currently developing a new system to manage and organize our router-tips database. Considering the new system isn't quite factored into our vBulletin software, an error is displayed. As a temporary solution, we can possibly setup our old software, depending upon how my schedule permits.

In regards to your concern about the clock being ~5 minutes off, I did not notice this mainly because it isn't an issue that shouldn't influence you’re posting experience. Also, the clock is a personal option, you may modify your time zone in the "User CP ( User Control Panel )", or, click this link: http://www.routerforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions. Hopefully that'll solve the time issue for you.

As per your second response,
trap said:
aniceone2hold,
I too have run a site for 10 years, with information on four trapshooting clubs. I managed to keep it up to date with photograph's and video's. I learned early on that you must have an excellent server.
v bulletin is one of the best pieces of forum software that is available. However you do need a secure server that has all of the latest hacking software available.
The WEB MASTER had the router tip section running, before the forum went down for maintenance, all of the information was lost because of no back up, the time could easly be fixed by setting the clock to the correct time.
The "Geezer" feels that he can post constructive remarks on running this forum, because I had a banner running on this site for three months. You don't see it anymore! It was paided link to PSSATRAP.ORG.......
Well, there is a difference between "running" and what I'm doing, "running and programming" a network of two websites ( one being RouterForums.com ). When I say "programming" I'm talking about the dynamic CMS ( Content Management System ) that our new router tips database will be running on. Considering a CMS is a very dynamic piece of software, it requires a lot of time and the majority of my attention. In addition to tackleing the CMS and peridiocially monitoring the forums, I goto my daily job and work ( 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ).

However you do need a secure server that has all of the latest hacking software available.
I'm unfamiliar with what you're referring to, "latest hacking software available", please explain.

The WEB MASTER had the router tip section running, before the forum went down for maintenance, all of the information was lost because of no back up, the time could easily be fixed by setting the clock to the correct time.
Backups were made and stored on our MySQL server, but, the WHS script, cPanel had a flaw in the backup segment of the script which resulted in a total loss of databases and backups. Again, we're sorry for the innconvience.

Actually, we accept any constructive comments or suggestions that any user has to post, advertiser or not.

Yes, you did have a banner, but your 3 months expired, infact, I emailed you 3 days before the banner expired. If you're interested in renewing your banner, you may email me or visit, http://www.routerforums.com/advertising.php.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kudos

That was a well modulated response to some petty complaints which should have been e-mailed to you. Keep up the good work. Heck, I go through life sometimes five minutes ahead, other times 5 minutes late and the world seems to keep spinning. Doesn't seem to effect my quality of life either.

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
I don't mind public complaints as long as they aren't followed by personal attacks of any sort. But yes, emails are sometimes better.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I think this forum is one of the most honest and helpful places that you can find for our hobby. The people that participate are really willing to promote and help. I just wish that Bob and Rick hung around a little more. Bob makes his projects look so easy- I would like more details than 25 minutes every Saturday.

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
fibertech said:
I think this forum is one of the most honest and helpful places that you can find for our hobby. The people that participate are really willing to promote and help. I just wish that Bob and Rick hung around a little more. Bob makes his projects look so easy- I would like more details than 25 minutes every Saturday.
Sorry about my inactivity, we've been very busying with business related issues. I expect some time in the near future.

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
I agree with fibertech and Randy I would like to thank Bob and Rick pesonally for inviting me to join this forum I use my router now more for the primary tool for my projects then I ever did before. It was there show and the help from the people of this forum. And Mark you are a great guru of this forum keep up the great job for a great forum. :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great Job Mark. Many of us know how to complain, but few of us have the akilla to do your job, and considering this site is free and not drowning in pop-ups , I am proud to say it is my home page!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Mark: I think your doing a great job. The loss of the data base was infortunate, but stuff happens that we sometimes have little control over. The Glossary will come back because the members will put it back. I have a question and it has to do with the "Tool Swap" area of the program. How can a post be deleted by the person who posted it originally. I have posted two items in the past and since the items were sold I wanted to delete them, and I could not see a way to do it. Thanks for your good work Mark. Woodnut65

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Woodnut: The forums are setup so that users cannot delete their own posts past a certain point ( I believe its 5 minutes ). My suggestion would be to do a post that indinicates "This item has been SOLD".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts