Router Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a lady call me from a card she saved from our first Polish event 3 years ago. She needed a Polish gift. So I had this piece of 5/4 x 12 x 16 oak just sitting there waiting for something to be carved on it - so I upgraded her from the 3/4" baltic birch I normally use. I mean, 3 years deserved something a little xtra.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
NICE...! The grain really makes it pop...!

Reactions: honesttjohn

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
impressive...

·
Registered
22,205 Posts
That is really nice.

And what if you added some depth to this and turned it into a shallow box as a wall mounted gun safe. Magnets or some kind of magnetic lock for easy access. Carve the inset for the pistol and a magazine or two. Charge a lot. A simple, hidden lock for wall munted gun "safes" might be easy to sell. Hang it high, out of reach for little ones. Use a nail to latcnh the thing and glue a couple of magnets to the end of a short rod, and hide the rod across the bottom. The magnets lift the nail, unlatching the door. Oh oh, there I go again.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
@Cncest...

welcome to the forums N/A...

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice work! What font did you use for the lettering?
It's Old English with my own version. I just cleaned it up by deleting all the connecting lines and added a little thickness in the W to look better.

Reactions: artman60

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
Looks good John. It is always a surprise when people say I got your card several years ago ..... That's how I ended up doing files for the birdhouse guy.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Computers are amazing, aren't they? Awesome Design, John!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.