Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've really struggled with this one, I think I pushed my skill level a touch too far, But its now as good as I can get it. This is the one I had problems with the wipe on poly. It must have had about 10 coats, each one scrubbed off and started again.

The photo has also made me realise I have to flock the drawers again.

Its a fair size, 7" across and the same deep.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that is awesome Bob..

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Holy moly! That is fantastic. Each drawer built in layrs and all to match! I can dream :D

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
enviable work...love the contrasting wood and use of ply...

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks, my wife is due to inspect it tonight. She's final quality control. But I think she's softer than I would be on myself. Its going to the UK next week for my daughters birthday, so no time to change anything now, except flock those inner liners again.

Angie, look up bandsaw boxes. glue it up, cut it out, hey presto just like a stick of rock.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I've really struggled with this one, I think I pushed my skill level a touch too far, But its now as good as I can get it. This is the one I had problems with the wipe on poly. It must have had about 10 coats, each one scrubbed off and started again.

The photo has also made me realise I have to flock the drawers again.

Its a fair size, 7" across and the same deep.

This is brilliant in every aspect Bob.Love it,James

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Not matter how many ways you could say awesome it wouldn't do justice to that box.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Bob you say you pushed your skill level but it looks like you made a thousand of them. Needless to say I really like it.

·
Registered
17,393 Posts
Very nicely done Bob ;)
Sure like the contrast of the differant woods

·
Premium Member
19,010 Posts
I say that's about as good as it gets. Your daughters will be delighted...a place of honor I'm sure.

·
Registered
192 Posts
This is an amazing piece of work...something to be appreciated. You've certainly raised the bar which was already quite high. I love it!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Wow... beautiful job

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Very nice work Bob.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts