Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
bingo...
get somebuddy else to put the wheel back on.....

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I've just passed three years retied, and i dont have enough hours in a day any more. I'm booked three or even four days in advance now.
I'm still trying to figure that one out too.

Reactions: Danman1957

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Generally, retirees aren't impacted by a sense of urgency. Unless a wheel falls off the golf cart, there's always tomorrow. >:)
No urgency there - just call the clubhouse and have another brought out - easy peezy.

Been retired for just over 3 years - don't own a calendar - don't really care what day it is. Do what I want when I want, which usually means golfing at least 4 times a week.

Wife golfs 4 times a week, too. We've only golfed together once this season.

I draw CPP (Canada Pension Plan), plus Old Age pension as well as two pensions, from two different careers.

Life is good.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I've retired 5 times, first time was in March 1998, and each time something has been offered that payed way more than the previous job, or was great fun to do, for a while, but I don't have enough time in the day to do everything that I want to do. I'm also kind of afraid to stop, because other retirees that I've known who sat on the porch after they retired are dead and gone. I'm not ready yet. I have too much left that I want to do before I sit on the porch and wait for the end.

Charley

·
Premium Member
Frank
313 Posts
Been retired 10 years now. Do not wear a watch but do have a phone in case golf cart breaks down. Call club house and have another one delivered. Play golf three times a week. Told my wife to call club house in an emergency as I do not answer phone on the course. Still have time to work on house and woodworking/metal working projects.

Frank

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
..........Been retired for just over 3 years - don't own a calendar - don't really care what day it is. ..........

@vchiarelli Been retired 19 years. Need a calendar to keep S/O organised. Made him a day clock and find myself using it more than him as I never know what day it is, as everyday is a day off.

...................I'm also kind of afraid to stop, because other retirees that I've known who sat on the porch after they retired are dead and gone. ...............

@CharleyL You hit the nail on the head, don't slow down too much but I'm sure you wife can find enough to keep you busy >:)

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have been retired for 9 years. I planned to retire the end of 2007 but my boss scheduled me for 1 Jan to work.
You would think that it being New Years Day it would be a very quiet day and you should be able to just breeze through it.
Not if you work in a Major Trauma Room in a Major City Hospital. (Memorial Hermann Houston).
It was a riot of a day, what with all the cases from New Years Eve still to be finished and all the new stuff folks woke up with.

Since both Sandra and I are retired, we travel. WE have been twice to Europe, three months and 7 months, Mexico, Brazil, Canada,
Africa and 11 cruises. To include two Transcontinental's 12 days and 16 days. This coming spring, we plan to purchase a (used) Motor Home and go visit
several of our friends from the forum. "Get the good china out Stick".
May even go up and help Rick insulate that shop.

WE have spent this year at home doing all the repairs needed to be sure we have a place to come back to once in a while.

Since I spent 22 years in the US Army, it took me a while to learn to slow down. Sandra has been a great help in that.
When we travel, we try not to set a daily goal. We get where we are when we get there. And this Motor Home will help immensely
with that, since we won't have to worry about room reservations.

A while back I took Sandra to our back yard. Way back in the farthest corner, I had laid a brick. I then took 70 steps and laid another brick down. Then 20 more steps and a final brick.
I said " That first brick is where I started my life all those years ago. The second brick is where I am today, and the final brick is where I may be able to get to if I take care of me.
Looking from brick number two to the final brick is a very short space. WE have been on the road going somewhere ever since.

Life is too short to sit on the porch, (which I just built).

Today, I might mow the lawn, if it is not too wet.

David and Sandra In Texas (Living the Dream)

·
Registered
869 Posts
PBH ?
I just know I am going to be sorry I ask this.
David
Don't be sorry......be thankful you don't have it.
I'll give you a hint....'Flomax'.
Also, Thank You for your Military Service!
I lived through the Viet Nam era but was 4F and never served.
I had several close friends who lost their lives there. In High School whenever a current student who had left school to enlist or a recent graduate had been killed the Head Master would make the announcement over the PA system and we would have a period of silent remembrance....it was an eerie feeling.
Enjoy your travels!!!!!!

·
Registered
834 Posts
I've just passed three years retied, and i dont have enough hours in a day any more. I'm booked three or even four days in advance now.
But no, I dont want to go back to work.
Some how Bob, that does not sound like retired.
David

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I retired in September, 2009 and never looked back. I would have retired sooner if I had the $$$$$. The wife was "forced" to retire last July as the church decided to close the day care ministry. She had been there 27 years and about 10 years a director. The building was old and needed too much work. Plus, the church thought they had a buyer for the property but he backed out when it was going to cost a tons of $$$ just for grading. Anyone need an empty building?

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
BPH No fun in the urgency it produces. No assurance that the surgical outcome will be positive either. The one part of getting old us guys could do without.

·
Registered
Theo
6,919 Posts
After 17 1/2 years, I don't plan anything, just do what I want ,or nothing if I feel like it.
Herb
You obviously forgot medical appointments. Those do add up. But I make all of mine for in the afternoon.

Don't have a watch anymore, nor a calendar, my phone tells me what the time is if I need to know. It will also tell me the day of the week, the month, and year - and believe it or not I just looked at it to find out what year it is. Sheesh. It has all my telephone numbers, my shopping list, an alarm, calculator, and even a calendar where I can program all the TVs shows I want to see with an alarm to tell me when they are about to come on. Hehehe Watched Forged In Fire last night, a competition where four blades might compete in forging blades for $10,000. Really need to schedule some cartoons too.

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
You obviously forgot medical appointments. Those do add up. But I make all of mine for in the afternoon.

Oh yes, make all the medical appointments, I make mine between 10:00AM and 11:00AM as the traffic is good at those times.
My Dr. quit, so I had a PA for appointments,which I was not keen about, so found a new Dr. and switched to a new Medical Group which is only 5 minutes away. So now I can make appointments anytime without having to hassle traffic.

Herb

1 - 20 of 44 Posts