·
Registered
31,264 Posts
sweet!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you turn a bowl when half of one side is missing? Why doesnt it fall apart?
Burls are like hat, you never know what you get, so you just go slow and take your time. CA glue help also it stabilizes the cracks used thin.

·
Premium Member
17,430 Posts
Love the bowl with the section missing . Looks very unique

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,359 Posts
Great work.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Woohoo! Those are nice, and then some! :smile:

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Very nicely done. One burls with voids the big thing is patients. Go slow and hopefully things will hold together. CA glue can be your friend.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Beautiful designs and so well done!! WoW! I really love the first piece with the finial center! Looks Amazing! What is the wood in the center finial? It goes perfect with the Maple. Thanks for sharing with us.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Beautiful designs and so well done!! WoW! I really love the first piece with the finial center! Looks Amazing! What is the wood in the center finial? It goes perfect with the Maple. Thanks for sharing with us.

The finial is made from dymondwood from Hut products. The company that makes the wood had a fire and burnt down, very shot supply.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's really too bad you don't know how to turn. With more practices you'll be able to turn bowls with 3/4" thick sides like I do .

·
Premium Member
19,240 Posts
There is something magical about turned burls. The swirling grain is so beautiful and your finishing has brought it all out so nicely.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts