Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post a little project I did while we were all busy with Christmas. The grandkids actually like a low tech game sometimes.
It was a good use of some Walnut and Maple off cuts. I hope you guys had a great Christmas!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
That's a cool project, Joe, and very well done! I have enough small pieces to make a dozen of those so thanks for posting this. Maybe I can clean out some small pieces now! :grin:

David

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That walnut board you cut the "X"'s out of was too nice for that, it would have made a nice lid . Otherwise, great job, and good way to keep the grandkids occupied.
HErb
Wow Herb, I really have to disagree.
I've never seen a piece of wood that I consider too nice for my Wife and Grandkids to play with. Life is way too short to leave the "good stuff" sitting in the rack waiting for a more worthy project. If you could see the fun a bunch of 3 to 7 year olds have trying to beat their Granny and Granddad, you'd probably think differently. 🙂👍

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great project. I wish my joints looked like that all the times. Beautiful craftsmanship.
Thanks but you'd be amazed how badly all my tools are out of adjustment
My miter saw is about a 1/2 degree off. The table saw didn't do any better.
I ended up using an incra miter gauge on the bandsaw believe it or not. 🙂
My first 2020 project is gonna be shop cleaning and tool adjustments!!

·
Registered
21,697 Posts
This would also be a nice prsent to give to a church or school or a YMCA where kids go after school. Maybe put a couple of drawers underneath to hold the pieces.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.