Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Avoid SOLID pilot bits. "

Could someone elaborate on this one?
I am having trouble with the concept of a "pilot" bit.
could the author have been thinking of spiral up and downcut bits and if so why the warning other than you can't drop em because they are brittle? :confused:

Bob

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
The older ones tended to burn the wood since they didn't move, I haven't used one in years,don't know if they have been improved. Because many bits have have ball bearings there isn't as much need for this type bit.

Regards

Jerry

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lee Brubaker said:
Yo Bob Oswin where ya bin these last few years? This is the first time in many a moon that I have seen one of your posts !

Lee
Hi agian lee!
Good to see your scribble.
I have been locked in the basement by a mean and selfish wife. :p

How are things up in St. Albert?

bob

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Bob:

Actually...I'm in Mill Woods & as I have told the wife, we will be until we hear "shots" on our street LOL. Not a whole lot going on right now in the shop. However, I have a problem. The $#@%$ overhead door leaks rain & this year for some reason, the mice from the park to the rear of our property have decided my shop would be a nice comfy place to spend winter. The last 3 weeks, my trapline has collected 7 mice. Gotta come up with something before they somehow find a way into the house. Ohhhh wellll.

Le

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.