Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sung this guy's praises here before, and today Jay Bates featured him in his weekly roundup. All I know is his first name (Serge), he dreams up all kinds of jigs and helpers for the shop, and he's in Canada. I thought I'd send the link to his jigs page. There are some pretty good ideas on there. Just click on the words, not the photos.

Also, check out his categories for Tips, and Techniques. Some pretty good ideas there, too. Sometimes his translation from French to English isn't perfect, but you can still follow it pretty well.

Here's the link:
https://atelierdubricoleur.wordpress.com/homemade-jigs-index/

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Yep. I have followed him for several years. I see his projects in shopNotes from time to time.

I built his portable work table several years ago. It hangs on the wall ready to go to work when I am.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
That would be Serge D from Quebec? Yes, he's been a constant contributor to various magazines. Some amazing ideas.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,338 Posts
Very interesting site thanks for showing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Jim,

I went to Serge's website the last time you posted about him. Signed up for his email Tips and projects. Lots of good stuff coming from him.

Mike

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
Thanks, Jim. I've already found several ideas to put in practice.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Me too on the e-mail subscription. The guy's a workaholic when it comes to coming up with new ideas. My head hurts... ;)

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Me too on the e-mail subscription. The guy's a workaholic when it comes to coming up with new ideas. My head hurts... ;)
Yep. He reminds me of some of the human dynamos we're fortunate to have here on this forum.

·
Registered
35 Posts
awesome stuff. But with the price of wood these days is that really cost effective? Some of the jigs, etc he did I just can't see being cheaper than going different route.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
awesome stuff. But with the price of wood these days is that really cost effective? Some of the jigs, etc he did I just can't see being cheaper than going different route.
Some of the jigs look like someone on a deadline to come up with a problem worthy of a jig, but there are a lot of good designs there. I subscribed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts