Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only got Dale cut this afternoon. Only 54 and breezy out here BRRR

Not thrilled with the signature portion but without making it too big, (the sign) for what it's for, it's the best I could do... especially with cold fimmies

Attachments

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,193 Posts
Very nicely done, Barb, with or without cold fingers. Don't forget to show the us the final when it's finished.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
54° F? Picnic weather!

Attachments

Reactions: OutoftheWoodwork

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will Oliver. But something has gone wrong with my scrollsaw. It's bouncing and I need to find out why. The table shakes so bad I can't cut a straight line

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
I will Oliver. But something has gone wrong with my scrollsaw. It's bouncing and I need to find out why. The table shakes so bad I can't cut a straight line
For me, it is usually low blood sugar.:surprise:
The table ain't shakin', I am! :frown:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
55F right now...Tee shirt weather if you're working; not so much if you're sitting in the shade.
Exactly. And I was sitting at the table. It's the wind that got me. Ken got the sanding on The others done while I cut Dale. Getting a hat rack together right now to transfer to wood as Ken conditions the wood on those he sanded for stain. I have one that I have GOT to get done

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I like it...

a lot...
don't sweat the small stuff...
this is winter...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
LOL to you down there in Floridaland, 54 is definitely arctic weather Bill lol
Nope! Where I grew up we used to fight with some place out in North Dakota for the coldest winter temps. To me 54° IS picnic weather. If my circumstances were different I would be someplace a little cooler. I'm plain fed up with heat and humidity.

Reactions: OutoftheWoodwork

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
55F right now...Tee shirt weather if you're working; not so much if you're sitting in the shade.
well at least it's a start...

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
My scroll saw was doing that recently, I have a DeWalt and I had forgot to put enough tension on the blade when I changed my cut, and the bottom blade clamp was hitting the bottom side of the table.
Herb

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
54 degrees? That's not cold, that is merely a cool temperature. Minus 54 degrees is cold. :yes2:

·
Premium Member
19,236 Posts
Nice sign. Found something interesting on scroll saw shakes...

"To dampen the vibrations, strap a sandbag onto the saw, as shown, using cable ties. When I need to use the saw, I roll it onto a floor mat. This further reduces vibration. Plus, the additional weight sinks the wheels into the mat so the saw doesn’t wander during use."

Another suggestion was to make sure the blade's teeth are pointing down into the cut, and that the blade is really being held in place nice and tight.

Another suggestion that seemed reasonable was to check whether the stand is really flush to the floor. If you have a 3 legged stand, it should do that automatically, but if the saw is on a 4 legged stand, a slightly short leg would trigger more vibration. If you had the stand in you old shop and it didn't vibrate, the stand may have twisted a bit to adapt to a not quite level floor.

While searching for solutions, I kept running across this advice, if more weight and bolting the saw down doesn't fix the vibration, get another saw, Hegner seems pricey to me. Excaliber gets pretty much universal praise. DeWalt ranks pretty high.

Weather here at the edge of the Mojave is still pretty warm, but we're having thunderstorms with lower heat. Only in the high 80s to low 90s for the next few days.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts