Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 year old, lightly used, Porter Cable variable speed router. It took a nosedive off the workbench yesterday and now isn't working properly. The motor spins, but is very (VERY) slow. Any advise would be great, as I'm in the middle of a project and really don't want to have to buy a new router.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Jon

Take it to the PC service center,with luck they may fix it, if not they have used ones you can buy..sound like the armature has slipped out of place and out of the bearings.. or did a number to the speed control device..
Some one did post a way to by pass the speed control device but like they say if it's worth doing it's worth doing it right..
=========

2 year old, lightly used, Porter Cable variable speed router. It took a nosedive off the workbench yesterday and now isn't working properly. The motor spins, but is very (VERY) slow. Any advise would be great, as I'm in the middle of a project and really don't want to have to buy a new router.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Bob has supplied good advice
Tom

·
Banned
510 Posts
Bob has supplied good advice
Tom

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hello Jon, and welcome to the RouterForums. Glad you are a member of our community.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts