Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have an old toolkraft shaper in my barn and the cutting peice is stuck on the router and I can't get it off. Does anyone know the best way to get this off. I've put on some PB Blaster and heated it with a blow torch, but, not sure which way it should be turned...any clue on what would work? Thank you!

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Welcome to the Boards Heidi - here's a thread posted a few years ago - someone had that model for sale. If you look at the third picture, it looks like it's a normal thread - that is lefty loosey, righty tighty, so turn it counterclockwise (when looking down on the cutter) to loosen it. If you post a picture (you can post pictures from your own computer) of your unit, someone might be able to help you out.

http://www.routerforums.com/woodworking-classifieds/44946-toolkraft-model-255-shaper.html

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
see if this helps...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome, Heidi...

Typical of any threaded shaft is removing what is threaded on it will be loosened in the direction that the shaft normally turns. If the shaft spins CCW the bit/nut/whatever will loosen CCW. This is so that the normal spin will help to keep it tight by spinning into it. Apply this to any threaded shaft...

There are some exception applications but not typical...

Reactions: gmercer_48083

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome Heidi. Nick is correct. If you turn in the same direction as the face of the cutter is facing this will loosen it. It has to be this way or the nut would never stay tight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.