·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
BJ, those up to date tests and reports are dated 1999 and 2001. One article says mounting plates are bad and the next sings their praises. I think the people at Readers Digest should stick to humor in uniform and short stories and stay out of the workshop.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
aniceone2hold said:
BJ, those up to date tests and reports are dated 1999 and 2001. One article says mounting plates are bad and the next sings their praises. I think the people at Readers Digest should stick to humor in uniform and short stories and stay out of the workshop.
Hi Mike

But some great info on many types of tools .

"One article says mounting plates are bad and the next sings their praises."

I feel the same way about mounting plates, No real need to pop out the router out of the router table, if you have the right router table top , I think Marc Sommerfeld of sommerfeld tools is now making his new router without a insert plate.
If you can change the bit from the top side of the router table that's all you need :) and a small insert plate to close the hole dia. when you need to.
I would like them to make/sale a 3/8" x 4" insert plate to hold just the insert rings.
Something like this one ▼
http://www.woodpeck.com/8pctwislockringset.html

Then all we would need to do is put in a pocket on the back side of the table top so the router would have a place to sit in and we could use the full height of the router in the table.
In this way we would have flat and clean table top.

Bj :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.