Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first real Scrollsaw project. I found a picture on the internet of one I liked so I sort of copied it. The bolt/washer/nut was my idea, the one I copied had a dowel with a ball on the end.

Made from Black Walnut.

Herb

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
that came out really nice Herb...

·
Registered
29 Posts
That. Is. Awesome.

Would love more details on how you did the threaded rod and nut.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Nice, nice choice of wood too. Sure beats the old way.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Well that has to be the fanciest TP hanger I've ever seen. Even has a beer holder shelf! Let's face it, TP doesn't get the respect it deserves and most people don't even realize it till it isn't there. I remember waaay back when I was just a lad working at the UVA Police department and living out in the country heading home after the 4-12 shift. That bad feeling hitting you in the middle of nowhere and still 10-15 minutes from home. Home being a crappy one bedroom efficiency with a really small bathroom being just a small corner sink and crapper. My first wife of just weeks had gotten a kitten that had been trouble all day so she put it in the bathroom to get it out of the way for a while. When I finally got home and into that bathroom the only thing I saw was that kitten and that last roll of TP shredded all over the floor. I could only think of one alternative but instead I tossed the kitten out of the room. I was not a happy camper. Experience tells me shredded TP is a very poor choice but better than none at all. Nough said.

Herb, that holder is fit for a king. Nice touch.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nice paper holder Herb. I also like the beer holder top. A great touch with the threaded rod and nuts. Do you keep the wrenches nearby for a quick change or must you run out to the shop for them? :)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts