Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new Triton TRA001 router here in Sweden and mounted it into my table, as pretty much everyone else the screws were too short. I searched around and found out it 1/4-20 UNC so I ordered them and they don’t fit!!

The thread pitch looks very similar but the OD of the ones in the router is 6mm vs 6.35 for the 1/4 screws I got, the thread looks too coarse compared to other 6mm screws I have on hand, any ideas?

·
Registered
Paul
2,143 Posts
I suspect the Triton has metric screws because I believe it's a British design. Maybe a coarse thread 6mm? I think 6mm comes in 2 pitches.

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
I drilled out the holes to accept larger screws other than the factory ones.
all you need is a drill bit and a1/4-20 tap and you're in business.

·
Registered
22,207 Posts
You can order these with 24 hour delivery here: http://www.toolsparesonline.com/category/941-dual-mode-plunge-router-tra001-2400w-330165.aspx This is the company that Triton Tools sends you for replacement parts.

As an alternative, in my area, Lowes has the best collection of specialty screws and connectors. Home Depot has sample screws and bolts in both Imperial and Metric. You can compare and butt your threads against the sample to find the size and thread pitch.

·
Registered
98 Posts
In Europe the stuff with freedom units is not so common:) to take them along to compare, also looking for countersunk screws to fit the router table better.
A #12-24 screw is a smidge smaller than M6-1.0, and almost a mm smaller than 1/4-20. I would take it to a real hardware store that has a set of matching studs that you can use for an exact match, OR contact JW2170. He is our expert on Tritons. He lives where they're made and is familiar with the international versions and associated issues.

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
Hi @Colinminns , welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the delay, I have been on vacation.

This question was asked a short time ago, and I believe the screws are 1/4-20.

I will see If I can get my TRA001 and TRC001 outof shed and check again with my 'Thread Detective'....(we are rained in, at the moment).

·
Official Greeter
20,101 Posts
Definitly 1/4 20
Automotive tire Wood Audio equipment Circuit component Gas

Reactions: John Smith_
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.