Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled A big goof up. I changed the bit in my table mounted router and slid the fence back up over the bit and turned the router on and before I could turn it off it stopped trying to start and now it will do nothing. I am thinking I need the start parts?? How do I order parts ????

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
check you power feed..

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
a brush may have welded it's self to the armature...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have power to the switch and the red light is on in the switch. I had the shaft blocked so it would not turn so the slow start just up and quit. Now nothing. This is the best router I have ever used. I do not know how many I have gone thu .

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Is it possible the switch/interlock on the router may have knocked itself off...? Not the switch on the table...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
failure was progressive...

·
Premium Member
20,495 Posts
Can't find my instruction book for my Triton, but I think the locking switch probably got stuck off. Also can't remember if there is a built in breaker reset button on that machine. Not where I can go look just now.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
you may have something there but the OP said the soft start died 1st...

Attachments

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Thinking the switch may have heaters and may need resetting but that should be in his documents/manual. Motor protection can be heaters and /or fuses/breaker. Good to check before going too far.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
more on tools...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
20,495 Posts
When you crank the router all the way up to change bits, it trips the safety switch to off. You have to push the switch cover aside to reset the switch to on. If you're using the table switch, after racking all the way up, you would have to reset the safety switch. Kind of annoying at first, but after using the router for awhile, you just automatically reach under and reset the safety switch. Since the problem happened after you cranked the router all the way up, then you would have had to reset the switch for it to run at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts