Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
I get inspiration from pictures, but my versions usually wind up different from the originals. Other designs just come to me, and I rough sketch them out, then decide if I actually want to keep them, and if so make a finished full size copy on 1/4" graph paper. This is then glued down, and cut out.

I'm just wondering if you think you would be able to draw out one of my designs. It is not done final, but is ready to be. I marked out all the lines I will use, anything light will not be used. I believe I will have 6 masters when it is done, and the ear will be glued on separately. This latest on will be a bank, probably 9 1/4" tall. And my design is what I work from.

Want to give it a shot?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Copyright protected?
It was from a Scroll Saw pattern book which by it's nature encourages people to use the patterns to make things like this.

Now doing it with random images off the internet or scanned from books for personal use likely falls into the fair use category. However, a shop making them to sell definitely runs into the IP issue.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
copyright

I get this all the time, but in this case its a pattern book which you buy , rip out the page glue it to wood and cut with scroll saw
I wanted it as a pattern for the drawing board and I secondly when I demonstrate the tracing techniques these items never sell
they go to land fill or a wood stove.
or a gift to a neighbor , ie one of the boats I drew out no one wanted it to finish it so my neighbor cut it up for his stove, its a shame
but people are not making things like I did when I was younger

Attachments

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
sure I can look at the diagram , what is it of?
Not sure what it is. Started off to be an Easter Island head bank. Got distracted. This is what I make my project banks from, except this one is not done to actual size and finalized. I plan on it being 9 1/4" tall. Have fun. Oh yes, I use 1/2" plywood for my banks.

Also including a picture of a monster truck plan, part way thru the build, and a finished truck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I was curious. Thought it might be a free plan. Wife inquired about a scroll saw but decided against it due to so much other things in life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts