Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have inherited a Trend CRT MK2 router table but the three insert rings of 32mm, 48mm and 54mm are all missing and without these, I am reluctant to use the table as it could be dangerous. Does anyone have any of these rings or know where I can get some made up? I have looked all over the internet but without any success.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could you make them from lexan or plexi, then raise bits up through them?
Thank you Paul and Roxanne. Yesterday, before I saw your suggestions, I thought about perspex. My son had a small piece and it is exactly the right thickness. I found a supplier so I am going to give your proposals a try and I think it will work. The only concern I have is ensuring the insert stays in place. The originals seem to have a locking lug or two on them so I may need something to "grip" the insert. Not an insurmountable problem in any event. Thanks to you both.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Blasterchief one of the reasons we recommend you file out your profile is so we know what tools you have to work with because we can suggest all kinds of solutions but if you lack the tools then it doesn`t help. Here is a video of a band saw circle jig:
You can fast forward to the 13 minute mark to see how it works. The basic idea can also be used with a sanding device. If you drilled say a quarter inch hole in your blanks to pivot them on and use the jig to round them to the correct size then you could center that hole on a drill press using a quarter inch bit and clamp it down to the DP table. Once it`s clamped in place you can switch to larger bits or hole saws and drill the center to the insert sizes you want. If you have those tools.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.