Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya fella,
So I'm looking to buy my first router (and I'm on a budget) so I'm hunting for sales.
I found this router for an affordable price, and I'm looking for more reviews about it.
My outer option is the bosch pof 1200.

What can you say about this router? (I'm aware that the bosch is 1200, and the trend is 850W)

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hello N/A and welcome to the forums...
We're happy you found us...

BTW.. what country do you hail from???

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
we have members that hail from there that will be better versed in your needs..
could you take a moment and fill in some the vitals of your profile, that would be very helpful to them...

BTW, do you wish to continue to be known/referred to as N/A???

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Sahar and welcome. The reviews I've seen for that router rate it well but also rate it as a handy man's quality router. Don't expect it to last like a Bosch or some of the other more expensive brands will but the people I read about who bought said they enjoyed using it.

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
I have the 110v model and have only used it a few times. It is a light duty tool and compared to my Makita, old Porter Cable, and Bosch trim routers it is a lot more unwieldy, the accessories are stamped out, and a built for the hobbyist or occasional user.
It is quite a bit taller that most trim routers, is one reason,
HErb

·
Registered
21,707 Posts
Welcome. Not failiar with Trend. I do have and appreciate 3 Bosch machines. But a few UK members have pointed to expense and service issues in the UK for Bosch. You might check on that before choosing. I regret every purchase I've ever made with budget foremost in mind, so I'd be reluctant to go for the low price.

Although many of the specific tools mentioned in the attached pdf are specific to the USA, I hope you will find the contents useful as you get rolling in the woodworking sphere. It is about the 18 plus things that helped me accelerate my learning curve. It covers about 12 years of accumulation of tools during my highest earning years, so don't expect to do it all at once, but hopefully it will provide a longer term prospective to building your shop and maybe save you a few of my expensive mistakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome. Not failiar with Trend. I do have and appreciate 3 Bosch machines. But a few UK members have pointed to expense and service issues in the UK for Bosch. You might check on that before choosing. I regret every purchase I've ever made with budget foremost in mind, so I'd be reluctant to go for the low price.

Although many of the specific tools mentioned in the attached pdf are specific to the USA, I hope you will find the contents useful as you get rolling in the woodworking sphere. It is about the 18 plus things that helped me accelerate my learning curve. It covers about 12 years of accumulation of tools during my highest earning years, so don't expect to do it all at once, but hopefully it will provide a longer term prospective to building your shop and maybe save you a few of my expensive mistakes.

I actually somehow came across this pdf a while ago and found it very helpful, now I noticed that your photo appears at the bottom of the document.
Well, if you are the author of the document, I appreciate the knowledge you shared, it was very helpful for me : )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.