Router Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered a jig off a IG account that I follow for the Makita trim router, It should be coming in this week. It allows you to connect your router to a track saw guide rail. I'll test it out once I get it and can show off some pictures once i do get it in.

·
Registered
21,853 Posts
Good point, Tom.

I am going to check my Oak Park table to see if a threaded insert can be used. I have seen this method used on a lot of YouTube videos lately. As per, Bob and Rick, I usually just clamp the fence in place, and use their "fine adjusting tool"......
The pin is really useful if you are making multiple pieces that must be identical. If you put in a threaded insert, you might want to use a bolt with a short thread and long shank. Cut the head off the bolt. But you need to find a way to stop the bolt so you still have an inch or so to go up into the fence. That's why I choose a short rod without threads. Does the job just fine, and you can lift it out if you want to use a sled of some sort.

About 15 years ago, a vision therapist and I were chatting, and she said, "I bet you pre-plan everything." It's so right on it's a running joke in my family. I have even preplanned how to fall in an accident or if dizzy (of late), and even though I've fallen maybe three times over that last couple of years, no injuries. Just can't help myself LOL. ;)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts