Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
My old DeWalt 610 is 1 to 1.5 and it had 1/4,3/8, and 1/2 sizes available but they are a discontinued model. Maybe the PC 690 is similar. To find an actual trim router which would be 1 hp or less and capable of taking a 3/8 collet may be hard to find.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I can't ever remember see adapters for a router adapt upward in capability. The trend is always downwards and that is because of the fragility of the 1/4" shank. Although using a 3/8" straight bit wouldn't be that hard on it, somebody, somewhere would try something much larger resulting in a lost finger or eye.

Hardened steel drill bushings are meant to be used at low speed with HSS bits. If you were to use a carbide up cut ( my choice for what you are suggesting) then the geometry of entry into the bushing would need to be perfect and if it was that perfect then you don't need the drill bushing. Drill bushings are for handheld use. If you are building a machine to do the job then it's not required. Pocket hole machines are far from new but as best I can remember of the ones I've looked at they hinged the router and swung down into the piece with a flat bottomed router bit which formed the pocket rather than a plunge motion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.