Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this router for some time now, but have been frustrated with the length of the height crank.... When routing close to the high fence I have, it's too short to clear the top of the fence.....
Today I discovered that a 3/8" 6 point scocket (1/4 inch drive) and a long extention, works nicely.....

·
Registered
278 Posts
Cool tip Kurt, I just picked up that router to back-up my TRA-001 which I found to be a little too heavy/bulky for hand work. Found a smokin' deal at Peachtree for $150 due to mis-marked packaging. The sale was over when I ordered on Black Friday, but they gave me the deal anyway.

I went down to the shop to check, and the 3/8" socket doesn't fully enclose the pin on the micro-adjuster. I found that a 10mm socket fit much better. I also found that the adjuster that came with the MOF-001 was about 4 inches shorter than the one that came with the big router, but still works with my table mounted TRA-001..

I have recently noticed that it is easier to use the micro-adjust knob on the router body to set the bit height. My table is open underneath so while my head is down by the table to look 'across' the top of the bit, my right hand is near the adjuster anyway.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Nice hint. I have the 001 and it is a great router, but too heavy for me to manage free hand. Lives in my table.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts