Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the smallest of the Triton routers which is compatible with the TWX7 table. However instructions say I must remove the plunge spring from the router once fitted to the table. How do I find the spring and remove it. I can't find any diagrams or video guides on how to do this on the JOF001. Help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh. And any photos with arrows would be gratefully received. I'm new to the router table and can't see where the spring in this router model is concealed!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Ralph, I don't own a Triton and wasn't able to find the manual for your router online, but on this page there is a link to the schematic pdf

I think part 64 is the one they mean to take out, under cap 6, but how to get there isn't clear to me, maybe the top (7) of the router needs to come off? I'd want to know more before I took it apart. Seems lame they'd make you go that deep into the router to go from hand held to table and back. Will you be keeping your Triton in the table all the time or do you want to use it hand held sometimes too?

·
Official Greeter
19,972 Posts
On the TRA001, you can release the spring by removing the top cap (be very careful., as it is a strong spring).

There does not seem to be a cap on the JOF001.

You may need to remove the adjuster head? Or remove the base plate.

In my opinion,it is essential to remove the spring if using in a table.

I have my TRA001 set up for table use all the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Ralph, I don't own a Triton and wasn't able to find the manual for your router online, but on this page there is a link to the schematic pdf

I think part 64 is the one they mean to take out, under cap 6, but how to get there isn't clear to me, maybe the top (7) of the router needs to come off? I'd want to know more before I took it apart. Seems lame they'd make you go that deep into the router to go from hand held to table and back. Will you be keeping your Triton in the table all the time or do you want to use it hand held sometimes too?
Hi Bob. That is so helpful, thank you. I contacted Triton's technical support by email a couple of days ago but no response. There is a little screw on the top of the adjuster knob - and I did wonder if it might be that. The schematic, and your explanation, suggests that might be the case. Thanks again. Frustratingly, each manual (table Vs router) refers to the other for how to do it! I plan to use the router on the table rather than by hand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On the TRA001, you can release the spring by removing the top cap (be very careful., as it is a strong spring).

There does not seem to be a cap on the JOF001.

You may need to remove the adjuster head? Or remove the base plate.

In my opinion,it is essential to remove the spring if using in a table.

I have my TRA001 set up for table use all the time.
Thanks James for the helpful tip. I'll wear eye protection and be careful to go slowly and catch the spring. It specifically says in the manual that one must attach my JOF001 to the table first which would indicate (I suppose) that I'll need to go from the top rather than base to remove. Between you and Bob I hope I've been given the solution but will ask again if I get stuck. What a great and helpful forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum Ralph.
Thanks James for the helpful tip. I'll wear eye protection and be careful to go slowly and catch the spring. It specifically says in the manual that one must attach my JOF001 to the table first which would indicate (I suppose) that I'll need to go from the top rather than base to remove. Between you and Bob I hope I've been given the solution but will ask again if I get stuck. What a great and helpful forum!
I am now feeling rather dim. I have re-read the manual for the router and it says for my model, the router spring should not be removed. Thanks for all the help. I will ask a more sensible question next time round! (Although the micro adjust above the table does feel stiff with the spring in)

·
Registered
109 Posts
@Ralph N I'm a bit dyslexic, I can make that kind of error both when reading and writing, leaving out a key word that flips the meaning etc. I'm glad you caught it before messing up your router.

But hey, I'm a cat, what do you expect?

·
Official Greeter
19,972 Posts
I am now feeling rather dim. I have re-read the manual for the router and it says for my model, the router spring should not be removed. Thanks for all the help. I will ask a more sensible question next time round! (Although the micro adjust above the table does feel stiff with the spring in)

OK. If all else fails, Read The Flaming Manual,,,,,,,,,,,LOL
Glad you got it sorted......

I use the TRA001 and TRC001...in my table,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.