Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see this on Craigs List for $170.00. Would this be a good router and at that price to purchase and add to my router table? I now have a table but I don't have a router for it.
I have been watching for a triton router so I can adjust it and change bits from the top. I'm just not ready to spend a ton of money on one yet.

Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
I think you would be happier with a Bosch 1617EVSPK; I recently saw a post about a very good price on the forums. Bosch parts and service are second to none and this is an area where Triton is lacking.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you would be happier with a Bosch 1617EVSPK; I recently saw a post about a very good price on the forums. Bosch parts and service are second to none and this is an area where Triton is lacking.
Thanks Mike. I searched Amazon and see it's a good price there but after reading many of the reviews I'm not sure I want to go with that.

The bottom line is I'm just trying to find a good router that I can dedicate to the table that's easy to adjust the height as well as change bits. I can't see myself spending over $300.00 on a lift.

Any ideas?

Thanks all.

Bryan

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Most combo kit routers can be adjusted from above the table; add a Musclechuck and your bit changes will be quick and easy. :)

Attachments

Reactions: themhs65

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
@Cricket

There should still be a link for a Musclechuck discount on the forums?

I am in no way connected to DeRosa Engineering and do not profit from any purchase members make from Musclechuck. This is just a discount I set up for forum members.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Cricket

There should still be a link for a Musclechuck discount on the forums?

I am in no way connected to DeRosa Engineering and do not profit from any purchase members make from Musclechuck. This is just a discount I set up for forum members.
Mike, that's good to know for when ever I need one.

About our earlier conversation about that Triton and then the Bosch you recommended.
I did pick up an old Bosch 1615E??, I don't remember the exact last two digits now but I think it will get my by for now mounting it on my table. Then at least, I'll have something to use until I can take the plunge and buy better.

thanks!

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Nice little routers, they will work well for you Bryan. Most parts are still available.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Bryan, I'm assuming that your price on the Triton is in U.S. $.

Our local tool store in Canada has the same machine for $170 Cdn. That's quite a bit less.

I don't have the Triton, but I do have the Bosch. :smile:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bryan, I'm assuming that your price on the Triton is in U.S. $.

Our local tool store in Canada has the same machine for $170 Cdn. That's quite a bit less.

I don't have the Triton, but I do have the Bosch. :smile:
Keith,

I did not buy the Triton, I bought the Bosch. Before I responded to the Craigslist ad I did a few internet search's to read up on the Bosch and it looked like it'd be worth making an offer. He was asking $80 but since is was such an old model he accepted my offer of $50.00. I hope it's a good one, it does look pretty clean and it turns on ok. I really didn't have time today to mess with it so we'll see how well it works when I get it under a load.

I do have a Ridgid router kit (in a bag) that I've use quite a bit but never had a table until now. I look forward to putting it all together and giving it a try. Next up, buy a good fence.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Bryan have a look in my uploads. There should be a picture in there of a fence I made. It has sliding faces and dust collection and you can make it for $5 in 3 or 4 hours. It is as good as any you could buy.

Reactions: bryansong

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bryan have a look in my uploads. There should be a picture in there of a fence I made. It has sliding faces and dust collection and you can make it for $5 in 3 or 4 hours. It is as good as any you could buy.

Chuck,
Where can I find your uploads? I looked at your at your profile and I don't see anything there. I have looked at other members profiles in the past (haven't tried today) and seen their pictures but today I don't see anything under your profile.

I'm really all in on building my own fence and it's great you've offered yours. I just need to get to it. Maybe I have a computer problem on my end.
Thank you!

Bryan

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Chuck,
Where can I find your uploads? I looked at your at your profile and I don't see anything there. I have looked at other members profiles in the past (haven't tried today) and seen their pictures but today I don't see anything under your profile.

I'm really all in on building my own fence and it's great you've offered yours. I just need to get to it. Maybe I have a computer problem on my end.
Thank you!

Bryan
Cherryville Chuck
Moderation Team

First Name: Charles
View Cherryville Chuck's Uploads

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts