Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased an MOF001 second hand and it was missing the speed controller and the motor field had split wires, so I ordered new parts.

I wasn't entirely sure how it should be wired however but made a deductive assumption, as assumption is the mother of all success, So they say.....

Anyway, the motor started but when engaged with wood there was a plume of magic smoke as the angry pixies escaped.

I took it apart again and it had burnt clean through the motor field connector wire. I have replaced this and tested the speed controller output, and field and stator for continuity and fortunately nothing else was damaged.

Before I try again though I was wondering if anyone can tell me the correct wiring order from speed controller to bushes and field?

kind regards,

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased an MOF001 second hand and it was missing the speed controller and the motor field had split wires, so I ordered new parts.

I wasn't entirely sure how it should be wired however but made a deductive assumption, as assumption is the mother of all success, So they say.....

Anyway, the motor started but when engaged with wood there was a plume of magic smoke as the angry pixies escaped.

I took it apart again and it had burnt clean through the motor field connector wire. I have replaced this and tested the speed controller output, and field and stator for continuity and fortunately nothing else was damaged.

Before I try again though I was wondering if anyone can tell me the correct wiring order from speed controller to bushes and field?

kind regards,

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, It took a while for me to find when I had a Triton problem but try www.tritontools.com or 01449 781761. They have joined a larger company and distanced themselves from us mere public but if you make a pest of yourself they might decide to help you out, good luck. A bit of advice, never give up and address any letters to positions higher and higher in the organisation, recorded delivery get attention when you get to the CEO level, believe me it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts