Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just got the triton 2.25 hp router and am looking to get a good baseplate.
Can anyone offer any advice with respect to the base installation. It will be on a home-made table top as I want to have something solid and secure enough to take the torque of the above the table bit changing feature for this brand. I expect to us this as a table router 90% of the time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Hi beers_4,
I have the Triton 2 1/4 mounted on a Rousseau base plate. You can purchase a template for routing the table top as well as an alignment kit to mount and center the router on the plate and I would suggest, if you decide on the Rousseau, that you get both the template and the alignment kit. On the alignment kit you have to be sure to get the one to fit your router.
You can check it out at woodcraft:
www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4958

I posted some pictures of the table at:
www.routerforums.com/table-mounted-routing/3982-router-table-fences.html

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
And for our friends in the UK and Oz, same advice but the plate and kit will be sold by Trend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have read numerous replies, in this thread and elsewhere on this site a curious reliance on Rousseau base plates. I installed one about a year ago, purchased the template and all. But, it is no where as good as the Rockler solid aluminum plate. Phenolic is not as stable as aluminum nor as heavy. Has anyone used the Rockler plates? What is Router Forums users thoughts on the two products?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.