·
Premium Member
20,480 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out this video on this unit:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...C3607C8ED261D71D0335C3607C8ED261D71&FORM=VIRE

Pretty good discussion and critique here: What you think about this dowel jointer from Triton? Triton TDJ600 Duo Dowel Jointer - by JerrodMcCrary @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community

Not much praise on Lumberjocks, but I can see the alignment advantage of this thing, but only if you're doing a lot of doweling.

Tom one thing I thought about is you have to be spot on when making your cuts. With a plate jointer you do have a little wiggle room.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I would have similar concerns Don. It will ensure that the edge to edge distance is the same but without some kind of rod and fence to register against an end I don't know how the length from an end could be duplicated accurately enough for a dowel.

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Premium Member
20,480 Posts
I think the Domino is a completely different beast because it makes all the cuts at the same time, and the spacing is preset, thus only one alignment mark is required so the match will be more likely. Not sure there's much advantage here.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Look it up on Youtube. There are some very bad reviews on this tool, alignment problems, fit and finish of the tool itself. I was all but ready to purchase one of them, but after the videos I decided against buying one. I currently use the Jessem doweling jigs 08350 JessEm Dowelling Jig Master Kit it works wonderful, I was just looking for some thin that was a bit faster.

CAD-Man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts