Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the router forum and relatively new to using my router for more that minor projects. I would love to make decorative bowls and trays. should I go straight out and by a collet extension and bowl bit.. or are there other projects I should try first.:unsure:

·
Official Greeter
19,058 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Mark.

A bowl bit - certainly - although if you can put up with sharp corners, you can get by with a straight bit.

Use guide bushings and templates.

A collet extension ? Some members get by without one.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,059 Posts
I am new to the router forum and relatively new to using my router for more that minor projects. I would love to make decorative bowls and trays. should I go straight out and by a collet extension and bowl bit.. or are there other projects I should try first.:unsure:
Welcome to the forum Mark, it would be to your advantage to complete your public profile.
A dishcutter bit of between 3/4" and 1 1/4" is very useful for bowls and dishes, as for and extension, I have one but have only used it on rare occasions for deep routed boxes like this one.. Perhaps you will get some ideas from my series of "routing for beginners by clicking on the link.

http://www.routerforums.com/general-routing/25156-series-routing-tutorials-beginners.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,059 Posts
Don't ever be shy to ask questions Mark, no question is considered stupid on this forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts