Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 months ago I got a Delta contractor saw. It worked great and have had no problems with it. Until now. I was kind enough to let a very good friend use it. Most of my friends know well enough that most of my hand tools and smaller equipment can be borrowed until I have to go get it myself or it is returned in not so good condition. Then that is it. One strike and your out (I know it's a little harsh, but got severly burned in the past).

I let my buddy use it in my garage this past weekend while I was away. He is a good enough friend to have a key to the garage and is more than trustworthy and has never let me down before. I went out to make some dust tonight for a small box for the lady. It appeared to me that my cuts were just a little off compared to normal. After checking every angle with the prehistoric angle, etc that I have, I have come to the conclusion that my glasses were on straight and that the saw is cutting off kilter. I changed the blade and still there.

What suggestions, tools, help can you members of the forum offer me?

·
Registered
23,784 Posts
Hi rh111

Some of the table saws have 2 screws under the top that will set the blade, he may have jam a board and it took it out of wack. :)

1st unplug the saw, then turn it on it's side and then with a light check out the bottom side of the saw, if you have the user manual it will show the spot for the adjustment screws.
Once you find them turn the saw back on it's legs and remove the saw blade ( I use a metal chop saw blade to set them up,because they are flat) ) and get a sq. and use the opening in the table to set the blade back to sq./true once you have it set move the fence in to the sq. ( the long blade on the sq.) turn the blade by hand and check it, then check it one more time then check it one more time, once your sure it's right move the fence back and put the blade plate back in place and try a test cut.

Good LUck

Bj :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.