Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I hope i can get the answers i need after searching different forums. I have just changed from a parallel cable to a uc100 contoller so I can go to usb. I have one direction movement in both x and y but nothing in z. Im guessing its ports and pins issue. The pics are what the original instructions of the cnc had and then what I have on the pc now. Also the set up that the uc100 controller had in the instructions. Hope this makes sense.
Font Parallel Number Pattern Screenshot
Font Rectangle Slope Parallel Technology

Font Pattern Parallel Number Rectangle

·
Official Greeter
19,972 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
Mike
3,959 Posts
I'm not familiar with the UC100 but I do know that people have posted that the ones being sold other than through the company don't work right, they are knockoffs. Where did you get yours from?

I notice you have changed the ports and pin settings, did you try it out before you changed those settings?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you MEBCWD . quick update; got the x and y sorted out and it turns out that not using a machine for 8 years may have an effect on the motors (who knew). The z axis not turning was remedied by removing it and taping round the outer shell until it freed itself. So now i have movement in all three motors. Now the real work begins with re-educating me in how it works again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.