Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brother-in-law called. It seems he has a construction trailer that he wants to remodel and it will need some kitchen cabinets! :surprise::grin:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Go get em, Mike!!!

HJ

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
I guess this is one of those times I'm glad I'm single lol

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is a construction trailer (12x44) with a room on each end. This will become a duplex so two small kitchens are needed.
FYI lots of construction going on in our area with new units being built by Exxon and ChevronPhillips. Housing is in demand renting by the day.

My broinlaw was goven the trailer to remove from the place he works so he said OK.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
This is a construction trailer (12x44) with a room on each end. This will become a duplex so two small kitchens are needed.
FYI lots of construction going on in our area with new units being built by Exxon and ChevronPhillips. Housing is in demand renting by the day.

My broinlaw was goven the trailer to remove from the place he works so he said OK.
It will be interesting to see what you conjure up Mike , and I'm sure it will be awesome .
You sure are a nice guy . I've got so many of my own projects on the go , I have no time for these requests

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Look forward to the before and after photos. Sounds like an interesting project and the best part is that it appears to be coming to a yard near you.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A little more info about this trailer.

The company my brother in law works for was going to git rid of the trailer, a 12x44 footer with two offices on each end and open in the middle. So, Archie got to thinking abut it and asked if he could have it. They said yes. He knows a guy that moves trailers so he got it moved to a piece of property that he owns for $500. So that is all he has invested.

The idea is to divide it into two living spaces with small kitchens, bath (shower) and a bed room on each end.
That is where I come in. He said, "I only have two days off each week so I could use some help". As a FYI, I built the cabinets for the house they renovated and sold last year.

But wait, there is more! The trailer had a 8 foot conference room table in it, and a perfectly good Canon copier fax machine...you know, one of the big ones. It also had several white boards including one in a frame made of cherry that matched the conference room table...in the box and never opened.

He couldn't get over the copier. He said he has used it alot but they were changing it out for a new one and didn't want it. So...

Oh, yeah, the trailer also came with metal steps and landing, construction style. Nice and sturdy.

More as it becomes available...and pics also.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With all of the construction going on, all a guy needs is a bed, shower, and kitchen. $75/day and up.:smile:

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just about got the design drawings done. Some folks are just plain hard headed like can you center the sink under the window (that is offset towards the corner)? No.

The good thing is paint grade materials and I don't have to do the painting!

Here is the first kitchen. It is the third option of three. Thankfully, they like it. Still working on the other kitchen.

Note: That 28x32 bump out is for a shower accessed from the adjoining bedroom. Not my job. :grin:
Mike

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, alrighty then. Looks just about ready to rent out, don't you think?

Two complete kitchens back to back. Please excuse the double wall in the center. I forgot to merge the two kitchens to show only a single wall. :frown:

Archie is working on plumbing and electrical so it won't be long he will be needing cabinets. :grin:

Oh, check out the dining tables. He plans to dismantle the 8 foot oval conference room table and use part of it (one end) to cut and make two small dining tables about 48 x 23 inches x 1 3/8 thick. I have ledgers drawn in under the tables but surely he will have to add one leg for support.

That's all for now. Hope to post some construction pics next time...and a pic or two of the bare rooms.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts