Router Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
camo patterns on nonabsorbent gear is done the same way...
so yes, why not wood...

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Yeah, lots of videos on youtube on doing it, and how to do it at home. Never cared for the look of the final results tho.

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
And football helmets.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
The Mr Bean method of fast painting comes to mind. Both ways put a lot of paint on fast, but I'm not about to try either method.

Here is the Mr Bean video. The better part begins at about 2:40, but the whole video is funny.

Charley

·
Premium Member
19,008 Posts
That stuff is so ugly! I don't own a thing that looks like any of these examples, and likely never will. The Mr. Bean video was fun though.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
Remembered. Hydro painting or hydro dipping. Anything and everything. Check youtube, loads of videos. I'm with Harry, can't think of a think I would like to use it for.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
The first company that I worked for after I came to this country built long-span steel trusses. He was painting them with a spray gun but realized that it was making a mess - think scraping the concrete floors once a week to clean up the over-spray (mid 60's, way before EPA) - as well as wasting a lot of paint. He built a tank - about 12" wide and 36" deep, I don't remember how long it was, just that he couldn't get the longest product in there - partly filled with water and with paint on the top. They would dip the trusses into the tanks, more than once I think, and pull them out coated with "red lead" paint. We made trusses long enough to span a basketball court, I remember all the problems we had delivering a job for a HS around Philadelphia - there was one turn - a right and then a left after one short block - where the back end of the load took out the traffic light on the corner. We'd knock it down, they'd replace it afterwards, and we'd knock it down again the next day - for almost two weeks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts