Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago I posted that I had a lot of sawdust building up in my DeWalt 735 thickness planer. I also could not get a connector for the Bosch miter saw that would allow for the dust hose to connect.

First off I have a Dylos DC1100 Air Quality Monitor in the shop that runs all the time to monitor the dust. I also have two Jet AFS-1000-B Air Filtration Systems that are suspended from the ceiling. One I let run all the time and the other only when dust monitor indicates there is a dust buildup.

I got several suggestions on how to resolve both problems.

I have got both problems fixed.

On the miter saw I went to Lowe's and found in the plumbing section a rubber connection that has 1 1/2" tag on both ends. I got that and to hose clamps. I connected that to the dust port on the miter saw and it allows my shop vac to connect to the other side very nicely.

The DeWalt planer had several problems. I took the cover off the fan. In doing so I saw that the cover in the back that wasn't visible unless it was disassembled there were two hooks for holding the fan cover together. One hook was off and the other the plastic parts were broken. I also found that the plastic fan blade was worn out. I order the parts from Parts Warehouse.com. While I was at it, I ordered a new brush for the motor.

I no longer have any dust backup in the planer and the shop vac hose doesn't fall out of the miter saw dust port. Here are pictures of what I had.

Malcolm / Kentucky / USA

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Good to know info...thanks...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is one motor in the unit and it uses the fan to blow the dust out the exhaust port. The brushes are for the motor. The small brush is the old one and the larger one is the replacement.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Appears you've found a solution for the dust issues. How long did that fan last? Heavy use or occasional? Would likely be a good idea to set some kind of check schedule on these tools. Those rubber slip couplers also known as a Fernco coupler are great in attaching to non standard sizes and also come in reducer style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.