Router Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow members,
I know it's been a while since I last posted, but here goes. The news is all good :) I am still losing weight down to 249 now and still hoping to lose more. I got the job, :):):) finally a GOOD job that will pay the bills and then some. I start Tuesday morning a 2 week training period in Quebec city. Tomorrow is a holiday but I will drive to Quebec and be in a hotel all week paid by the company. I will be selling mainly forestry equipment such as complete saw mill operations and all the components and also mining equipment such as conveyors, chutes, hoppers etc... We also make port loading conveyors to load the ships with iron ore. My territory is all of Canada except B.C. and the New England states. I am so exited for this new opportunity ! I am giving woodworking classes on Saturday mornings, I have 2 ladies taking the beginners course and one fellow is back for the intermediate session. I am almost finished building a fence on both sides of the house using the same brown treated wood that I built my deck with last summer. We decided with me being away so much this summer that I will replace the old deck only next year. I miss seeing the posts every day and hope it will go back to that way soon.

Cheers, Dan

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Cheers Dan..

Stick...

Reactions: Danman1957

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
My territory is all of Canada except B.C. and the New England states.
Good on ya. Sounds great for you. But a question. You being in Canada and all, are the New England states a part of Canada now?

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,076 Posts
Good one Dan.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Theo,

No they are not part of Canada, but very close to Quebec. We have other reps covering the rest of the USA, who are agents and they are American. (BTW, not secret agents ! LOL )

Dan

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You bet Tom,

The last several years have been challenging financially. Now I will be able to do things that I could not afford and not worry about paying the bills.

Dan

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Theo,

No they are not part of Canada, but very close to Quebec. We have other reps covering the rest of the USA, who are agents and they are American. (BTW, not secret agents ! LOL )

Dan
Whew, had me worried for a bit. >:)

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,228 Posts
Congratulations, Dan!

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Two thumbs up Dan. They must have a rep dedicated just to the NW. We are surrounded by sawmills.

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
Dan Thanks for the update.

I think I found some of that weight you lost and now I need to lose some of it.

Good luck with the new job, hope everything works out great for you.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Chuck and Dan,

You know I wish I would cover B.C. also, but not for now, I am told maybe eventually because we have an agent covering B.C. and several agents covering the rest of the states. Chuck, if I am in western Alberta I will still want to see you and maybe Rick also. Dan, hopefully one day I will get back to see the beautiful Sunshine Coast ! It is amazing how just a 3 hour drive from home and the weather is completely different here. It is at least 3 degrees colder in Celsius, and this has always been the case. They are about 2 weeks behind Montreal as far as flowers and tree leaves etc.... still is a nice place to visit all the historical sites.

Cheers,

Dan

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Chuck and Dan,

You know I wish I would cover B.C. also, but not for now, I am told maybe eventually because we have an agent covering B.C. and several agents covering the rest of the states. Chuck, if I am in western Alberta I will still want to see you and maybe Rick also. Dan, hopefully one day I will get back to see the beautiful Sunshine Coast ! It is amazing how just a 3 hour drive from home and the weather is completely different here. It is at least 3 degrees colder in Celsius, and this has always been the case. They are about 2 weeks behind Montreal as far as flowers and tree leaves etc.... still is a nice place to visit all the historical sites.

Cheers,

Dan
If you’re in Alberta at the right time you might get to see me here in Grande Praire. Canfor has a mill right in town and Weyerhaeuser and Ainsworth (I think that’s who) are just south of town. I’m here in May and October.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.