Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I’m reaching out to the great Router Oracle of Knowledge (ROK for short):

I have a challenging situation that would greatly benefit from a bearing guided upside-down round-over bit, is there such a thing?

In short, I have a project that is constructed with an obstruction adjacent to the areas that need to be routed with a round over, and I have unobstructed access from the top/other side, so a round over that I can run from the face opposite to what is getting rounded over would be a huge help.

Please say, “Oh sure, that’s a xxxx bit by Freud.” Problem is I don’t even know to all something like that.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

I have a challenging situation that would greatly benefit from a bearing guided upside-down round-over bit, is there such a thing?

In short, I have a project that is constructed with an obstruction adjacent to the areas that need to be routed with a round over, and I have unobstructed access from the top/other side, so a round over that I can run from the face opposite to what is getting rounded over would be a huge help.

Please say, “Oh sure, that’s a xxxx bit by Freud.” Problem is I don’t even know to all something like that.
that's an inverted round over bit...

CMT, 867.601.11B....

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
you could use half of double RO bit...

Reactions: LeftFinger

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
That CMT bit is part of a crown moulding set that furniture maker Lonnie Bird designed for them. You might want to look at the set. I don’t have the number handy.

Reactions: LeftFinger

·
Registered
1,936 Posts

Amana, Freud and Whiteside sell such bits. I found them at Routerbitworld, my source for Freud bits:
http://https://www.routerbitworld.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=round+under

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
When reading this I was thinking "Bullnose bit". You might want to look at them too. When centered to the work and used with the fence in a router table, they will fully round the edge of your board in one pass, but they have no bearing, so the careful positioning of the router table fence is required.

Charley

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.