Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that time again, I don't mind making urns but I really don't like it when it is a close family member. My sister passed away last week and well here I am with the Paduak again. My sister loved Elephants so I designed a banner/inlay to go around the base with elephants. I use my trusty ol 45° sled to ensure perfect miters. Here are a few of the build pics and the finished urn beautifully finished with clear rubbed lacquer.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I’m sure she would be proud of it. My condolences to you and your family.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Sorry for your loss Tony. This is a beautiful labor of love and tribute to your sister.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys the funeral was yesterday and it was well received there as well. @kywoodchopper it is not wipe on lacquer, it is sprayed on but rubbed out buffed with rottonstone then pumice to a gloss finish, a method my father used on his violins

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Beautiful urn for a sister very much loved, I'm sure. I'm so sorry for your loss; may her ashes rest easy in that beautiful case.

Reactions: bcfunburst
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.