Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a 3d STL model of that? I have a close friend who is a West Point graduate and looking at the actual coat of arms logo, I'm a newbie so there is no way I can do that complicated a design. I'd love to purchase a pre-made design and after I get my machine in, assembled, tested played with, etc. I'd love to play with that attempting to cut that design.

Just curious. I have Boogled it with no success so I just thought I'd ask.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Attachments

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
Quite possibly the reason you did not find anything is this:
Licensing
Public domain This image shows a flag, a coat of arms, a seal or some other official insignia produced by the United States Army Institute of Heraldry. It is in the public domain but its use is restricted by Title 18, United States Code, Section 704 [1] and the Code of Federal Regulations (32 CFR, Part 507) [2], [3]. Permission to use these images in the USA for most commercial purposes must be obtained from The Institute of Heraldry prior to their use.

I was up there for a week one time. Out in the woods, typing papers for security clearances for all the senior class. They were on a training exercise in the woods. Didn't even see any part of the building at all. Did see a lot of racoons raiding garbage cans at night tho.

Couldn't find out who did this, when, or how.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Boogled"? That there may well be the problem... ;)
Not turning this into a political forum, but Google is now Boogle since they are so politically active and restrict their searches. I use that term to shoot at then as I have blocked any and all access on my computer (with software) to google. I actually use another search engine.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That would be a lot of work. Good luck
I agree, I have a friend who is a graduate and I thought if I could do it, most probably with a pre-made file if possible with his name and date of graduation. Maybe just too difficult, no probably way too difficult

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"Boogled"? That there may well be the problem... ;)
And I had to put an exception in for this site as Google trolls it and it won't work without allowing the Goober (google) crawlers and software. If google analytics and servers are involved, the site is blocked by my software and I simply don't go to the site. The Chinese don't have anything on spying compared to google.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Not turning this into a political forum, but Google is now Boogle since they are so politically active and restrict their searches. I use that term to shoot at then as I have blocked any and all access on my computer (with software) to google. I actually use another search engine.
I use duckduckgo for the same reason.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Licensing
Public domain This image shows a flag, a coat of arms, a seal or some other official insignia produced by the United States Army Institute of Heraldry. It is in the public domain but its use is restricted by Title 18, United States Code, Section 704 [1] and the Code of Federal Regulations (32 CFR, Part 507) [2], [3]. Permission to use these images in the USA for most commercial purposes must be obtained from The Institute of Heraldry prior to their use.

I was up there for a week one time. Out in the woods, typing papers for security clearances for all the senior class. They were on a training exercise in the woods. Didn't even see any part of the building at all. Did see a lot of racoons raiding garbage cans at night tho.

Theo the key word in their copyright statement is "commercial". Private use is not prohibited, only use where the user plans on selling copies for profit. While only making one and selling it technically infringes the copy right, they probably won't come after you for doing that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Licensing

PS - I'm not too worried about violating US Code, after all if the FBI doesn't have to obey the law, why should I?

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm using VPN, script blocking, Nano Block, Nano Defender, Analytics block, and an app written for me by one of my IT guys. I'm using all apple, which makes it easier.

Reactions: Stick486

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I'm using VPN, script blocking, Nano Block, Nano Defender, Analytics block, and an app written for me by one of my IT guys. I'm using all apple, which makes it easier.
thanks...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Forgot, I use a browser that automatically blocks any tracking, it's called Brave.

Reactions: Stick486
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.