Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Craftsman Professional Bench, and I have always squared the fence. But after watching Mark on the TV show, I got to wondering..When he is cutting a Dadoo, he has a mark where he wants the cut, he then slaps a fence down and clamps it down on one end, then clamps the other end.. I have looked at it and it seems to not be square with the back of the table. It don't seem right, but it works.
Okay, lets say I use a spial bit to cut thought the whole board, If I set it up to cut a 1 ich wide board, using his method for cutting dadoos, will it be 1 inch wide all the way through? I could go out into my COLD garage and try it, but I thought I would just put it here and stay inside.
Bud

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel like a dumb ass.. After I posted the question, the better half told me basically the same thing. Looks like, she knows more about routers then I do, she watchs it twice a day and wonders why I can't do that. Now we know

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Trap, don't feel bad. Much better to ask a question and be sure. I put my foot in my mouth at times so I know how you feel. The entire purpose of this site is to learn; I know I pick up new ideas here all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts