Router Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It doesn't remotely fit without a lot of work. The Jessem Lift plate is too big and the corner mounting holes will never line up. Thre is not enough material on the Bosch table to mill it out and have screw hole where they are needed. As I have a big mill and a fair bit of skill with it, I looked at adapting it to the superior (my opinion Bosch aluminum versus Jessem cheap phenolic) plate, but with the bosch plate being cast aluminum with webbing on the bottom, non of the mating holes end up on flat aluminum, so that is unworkable. Shortof doing a lot of manual work on a flat aluminum plate, it's not happening.

I think If I owned Jessem, and made my living selling $250 and $500 router lifts that no one really needs, but that I need to sell, I'd invest a bit of time in CNC programs to equip my lifts with proper fit for purpose aluminum table inserts for market leaders like Bosch, Kreg, and others who make a LOT of router tables. I daresay I'd be able to make them for $20 and sell them for $100.

In my case, their dealer is going to get their $300 lift back. The fine adjustment is the exact same pitch as the Bosch base, and the collet is accessible from above, so for $300 all you get is a nice handle.

Save your money.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts