Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to build a blanket chest out of red oak. I don't have a jointer, but understand that I can use my router for joining. The stuff I've seen on the internet is confusing. What's the easiest way to do this? Are there any demo videos out there?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Welcome...

I'm one of the least expert people on here but since you have not gotten an answer yet I will give my 1/2 cent worth.
I perfectly straight edge clamped to a board will allow you to route a perfectly straight edge.
Tada...

There are tons of videos on line. Don't know about joining videos but I'm sure there is somewhere. O well, in a few minutes an expert will answer your question.

·
Registered
11,698 Posts
If you use a router table with a straight fence, attach a strip of Formica to the outfeed side. Adjust the fence with a straight edge against the outfeed side and so the bit just kisses the straight edge.
If you use a straight board to guide the hand held router, clamp it to the under side of the piece to be jointed unless you use a top mounted bearing bit. Just insure that the guide is situated so you only remove a 1/8" or less.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hello George, and welcome to the RouterForums. Happy to have you join us.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings George and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts