Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have a problem with V-Bits to engraving letters (Please look at attachment ).
I using ArtCam 2008 and my bit is 32mm 90 degree.

My question.
Is my V-Bit is big!? or there have special fonts for V-Bit engraving to make it professional!?

Attachments

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,782 Posts
I am having a hard time determining on my little phone screen, is the letter above the surface or v carved into the surface?

If V carved into the surface, I would try a 60 degree bit or a different font. And see if it improves.

A v carved toolpath runs in between the lines of the font, varying the depth to adjust for width and leave the sharp points.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Doug I think that might be carved in plastic and you are looking at it from the backside. The circled areas are where the bit dived into the plastic.

Reactions: Hali Iliya

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doug I think that might be carved in plastic and you are looking at it from the backside. The circled areas are where the bit dived into the plastic.
I do not know what was the problem exactly, but i'm sure i wasn't looking it from the backside.
I testing same file from my computer all thing going Ok!?. so is there anyone before me has problems with rendering because my work PC is slow. maybe the problem comes from something but i do not know from what.

Anyway, i will try the same file tomorrow in my work PC and i will saw what will be happens.

Thanks. Cherryville Chuck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am having a hard time determining on my little phone screen, is the letter above the surface or v carved into the surface?

If V carved into the surface, I would try a 60 degree bit or a different font. And see if it improves.

A v carved toolpath runs in between the lines of the font, varying the depth to adjust for width and leave the sharp points.
I do not know what's the problem sir. maybe slow rendering errors because i have a slow pc at work, i testing the same file here all thing going good.

Anyway, i will try the same file tomorrow in my work PC and i will saw what will be happens.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Actually we would need to see the actual font you used. This could be how it should look if the font has ball ends so we need more information on the font.

Another thing to consider is the use of Artcam 2008 and if there was a problem with v-carving in that release. Were you using the latest version of 2008?

Attachments

Reactions: Hali Iliya

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to anyone helped me.
I do not know the problem coming from what, but i think it was from the rendering, because my work PC is slow.

Thanks again to all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts